As our organization develops, the Park City Ice Miners (PCIM) recognize the need to create competitive practices and game situations. We understand the necessity to offer stepping-stones throughout the organization while focusing on long-term athlete development. We want to help build attainable goals for all players.
Additionally, we are required to provide programs consistent with those allowed by the Utah Amateur Hockey Association (UAHA). UAHA offers 4 levels of play in Utah:
PROGRAMS BY AGE DIVISION
PCIM offers programs for beginner through advanced players and for ages 4 through 18. A summary of the programs is listed below.
Click here to download our Program Charter for the 2022-23 season. This document outlines cost, ice time, tournaments and other details by age division.
**Teams for each level are decided based on what was awarded by UAHA and what is projected based on previous registration numbers. Team offerings are subject to change based on tryout and fall registration numbers.
Tryouts for the 2022-2023 season Tier 2 and Travel teams are complete. Per the 2022 travel tryout plan, a small number of 10U/12U travel team positions will be filled at the end of the summer during Rec League Evaluations. Registration for and participation in Pre-Season Evaluations is required.
Tryouts are not required for Recreation Division 1 and Division 2 teams. Registration will open during the summer. 10U/12U/14U players will participate in an Evaluation Skate after which Division 1 and Division 2 teams will be formed. Team formation will be based on registration numbers and player ability levels.
Please contact Mike Adamek, Hockey Director, for information about mid-season transfers. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
OTHER GENERAL INFORMATION
- Skills Development
- For 10U and up, dedicated skills development, power skating and goalie coaching practices will take place twice a month during the season run by our Director of Player Development and specialty coaches. Set dates will be announced at the beginning of the season. Player assessments will be done twice a year with year-end evaluations done by the coaches.
- Practices and Team Ice-Time
- Ice hours are tracked for each team by the PCIM Ice Scheduler. Ice is managed so that each team reaches their allotted hours in the charter by the end of the season. Team ice times can vary week to week due to games, tournaments and other events at the ice rink. Ice time is purchased throughout the season and is updated in the schedule.
- To view schedules for all teams, select the MASTER SCHEDULE tab (left-hand side of the home screen).
- To view a team specific schedule, select the TEAMS tab (horizontal bar on the home page), choose your team, and then click on SCHEDULE in the left-hand column to see just your team’s schedule.
- Rink Location
- The majority of our activities are hosted at our home rink, the Park City Ice Arena, however, we also secure ice at the Maverik Center in West Valley. Most teams will have an occasional practice or game scheduled at the Maverik Center, with some older teams having a weekly practice at the Maverik Center.